What information do we collect?
When you look at the pages on this site, for each page accessed:
- the IP (internet protocol) address of the machine which has accessed it;
- your top-level domain name (for example .com, .gov, etc.);
- the address of your server;
- the date and time of your visit to the site;
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- the referring site or page;
- the type of browser and operating system you have used; and
- aggregated demographic and interests data.
How do we use this information?
Australia Translator may use and publish aggregated information collected from its systems to improve its services, including monitoring to prevent security breaches and for research and development to the extent that the information does not identify individual users.
Personal information and attachments provided will only be used for the purpose for which it was provided or as otherwise permitted by privacy legislation. For example, if you choose to provide your name and email address when recording feedback on a webpage for the purpose of receiving a response us, that information will only be used for that purpose.
Unauthorised and unlawful use of the website
Australia Translator will collect more extensive information if it identifies unauthorised attempts to interfere with or compromise the security of the website or where it suspects there has been a breach of the laws.
Australia Translator reserves the right to make disclosures to relevant authorities where the use of its website raises a suspicion that an offence is being or has been committed.